“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney

Saturday, January 12, 2013

BONUS: Blog Statistics

2012 Statistics

When I created this blog (back at the beginning of 2012) and made my first post on April 22nd, I had no more ambition than to document my monthly trips to the resort as a guest (rather than as a Cast Member going to work). Now, nearly a year later, it has become a different sort of thing. And, like all things in life, it continues to evolve.

I still am in the parks regularly. I continue to take pictures and video of things that interest me - hopefully they interest you as well. I keep following the historical blogs about Disneyland as well as the rumor blogs. Some of these items I bring to you in the form of Tweets or Facebook posts - and much much more I do not pass on. After all, If I posted everything I saw then this would be nothing more than a news feed.

So as the blog evolves I want to take a quick look back at 2012 statistics. So...

  • 131 posts were made to this blog. Many included photos, videos and other trivia.
  • First Original Video of the year was posted on April 5th (The Big Thunder video which was recently re-posted on January 7th after Big Thunder Railroad went down for refurbishment).
  • Total number of 2012 visits to the parks - 38. These are visits that put me in the guest roll - riding rides, dining in restaurants, seeing shows and entertainment. Most of those visits lasted at least 5 hours or more.
  • Average number of visits each month - 3+. Some month I visited more often (see below) than others. Some months are more obvious than others.
  • Most visited month(s): May - 7 visits, April & June - 5 visits each.  If you had been paying attention to ANY Disney news this past year then you know that this past April & May the final preparations were being put on the DCA Expansion (ie. Cars Land). So I spent a lot of time in the parks those two months. June, of course, is when the expansion opened so I spent a few days documenting that as well.
  • Least visited months: January & December - 1 visit each month. January is a slow time of year for the parks and as a result not much is happening.  December is perhaps the exact opposite and is the busiest month of the year, and I get very few days off to go to the parks. And to be honest even if I could get to the parks more in December I most likely would not, due to the huge crowds that would be there.
  • Most popular posts of the year revolved around the updates of Cars Land and the expansion at DCA.  No surprise there!
Should you want to review any/all of the posts from last year just click the archive list to the right.  Now that those things are out of the way, let's get back to 2013.  To find more postings and information be sure to follow me on Facebook or Twitter.

See you in the parks...

No comments:

Post a Comment